Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thing 3

I enjoyed perusing the many blogs that were listed. Some were better than others. I especially enjoyed the format of the one that the teacher developed for his/her students. It was a wonderful way to create a "safe zone" for student to just write. I love the idea of having a place for students to write without there having to be a formal topic or expectation. Writing for Writing's sake. I am seriously thinking of doing this in my class (Brit.Lit). Tradionally, I have always had my sophomores journal in a classical journal (bound paper). But, this may be an interesing thing to do. I use Moodle daily and could use one of the activity options to do this but I like the blogging idea because it seems more open ended and it has a less "how much is this worth" feel to it....pondering....

2 comments:

  1. I agree, this would be a great forum for students to write just for the sake of writing. Unlike us, they are less private, comfortable with anyone reading their postings. It amazes me what they post to face-book, not concerned about ALL of the potential people who could have access into their lives.

    I also agree that they would do it more to have a voice and less so for points, making it a powerful tool for learning. Good luck with your learning about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your students would enjoy blogging versus keeping the traditional bound notebook. You might even get more indepth and meaningful reflections from them as a result.

    ReplyDelete